Life is not easy, and so is dying. A point in time will arrive where a loved one will die, and spending time with them would be the happiest moments of our lives. Death of our loved one will give us despair and grief, which we don’t want to experience. But death is inevitable, and we have to think about the worst-case scenario.
We’ve encountered a lot of quotes in our life. May it be about love, friendship, life lessons, and more. We don’t want to encounter funeral quotes because of the fact that it’s a quote for the person who just passed away. What others don’t know is that most quotes about funerals, deaths, and griefs are actually heartwarming. If you don’t know how to write a eulogy, these quotes can inspire and give ideas on what to include.
When we can’t find the words to speak up with our emotions, hearing comforting words can cope up with that sad feeling. Finding inspiration in either quotes or songs can help you seek understanding and peace of mind, which is what we need.
- “Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome” – Isaac Asimov
Meaning: Although life can be fun, if we arrive at that point of death, we shouldn’t be afraid of it. We should think of death as a time where we rest for eternity. This quote reminds us that even though we lived our life just how we wanted it, and we die happy, seeing our loved one die is different. That’s why it says the transition is troublesome because it’s going to give you hardships and difficulty physically and emotionally.
- “Death is not a tragedy to the one who dies; to have wasted the life before that death, that is the tragedy.” – Anonymous
Meaning: Death is not considered as a tragedy to the dying person. Others who suffered diseases consider this as a breath of fresh air for they have rested after the pain. If you died and you didn’t experience the great things in life is considered life wasted because you weren’t able to achieve and do the things that make you happy.
- “Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.” -Ernest Hemingway, author, and journalist
Meaning: This quote tells us that comparing your death with other people is stupidity because the cause of your death doesn’t matter. Knowing the details of the death won’t distinguish if the person lived his life or not. What matters in this world is how you enjoyed your life to the fullest and how you died contented and happy.
- “The journey doesn’t end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take.” -The Return of the King, J.R.R. Tolkien, author and university professor
Meaning: This quote doesn’t want us too scared of death and instead, we should treat it as another road to take for our next journey. We never know what lies ahead of us, if it is our end or another day to enjoy. Some people die without the satisfaction of living because some died at a very young age. If there really is another path to take for our next journey, then it gives us another opportunity to live.
- “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” -Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne, author
Meaning: There isn’t much to compare how precious life is. This quote tells us how difficult it is to say goodbye to our loved ones who died. We always wanted them to stay by our side and continue enjoying life with us. Leaving for a vacation and leaving for good are two different scenarios. When we leave for a vacation, the goodbyes aren’t bad since you’ll be coming back. If a person left for good, it’s even difficult to utter the word goodbye because we won’t expect them to come back.
- “It’s hard to turn the page when you know someone won’t be in the next chapter, but the story must go on.” -Unknown Author
Meaning: Moving on is not easy if the person who died is someone close to you. You don’t have any choice but to continue with your life not just for yourself, but also for the person who died. This would be the last thing they would want you to do rather than giving up your own life.
- “I am trying to remember you and let you go at the same time.” -Unknown Author
Meaning: Isn’t this quote interesting? You want to forget the person and at the same time, you want to remember them. One of the things that can help us cope up with missing another person is forgetting about their existence or burying yourself with your work so you won’t think of them. This quote wants us to move on with our grief by remembering our memories with the person, and as it pains us to do so, we slowly let them go and live our life.
- “Grief is a nasty game of feeling the weakest you have ever felt and become the strongest person you will ever be.” -Windgate Lane
Meaning: People believe that your lowest point in time is when you grieve. They don’t realize that grieving is also where you become strong individually because you are able to stand on your own. The quote classified grief as a nasty game of feeling because two opposite feelings are felt, which doesn’t really happen.
- “We talk about them, not because we’re stuck or we haven’t moved on, but we talk about them because we are theirs, and they are ours, and no passage of time can change that.” -Scribbles & Crumbs
Meaning: Our life after losing a loved one will never be the same again. This quote tells us that talking about them doesn’t mean we haven’t moved on and that we still believe they are with us, this means that they have been part of us and we can’t change that reality. They have been with us on our journey and erasing our memories for them is dishonors their death.
- “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” -Kenji Miyazawa
Meaning: this quote is for the people who lost their loved one. Yes, there is a lot of pain after we lost someone and embracing that reality will never be easy. If we ever wanted to stop with our journey, we should think of the people that loved us, including those people that left the world and make it as a great motivation for the journey we’ll embark.